INDEPENDENT STUDY PROGRAMME
Classes and Seminars
Besides a range of seminars and workshops during the whole year of the programme, the following regular classes comprise the Curriculum of the Independent Study Programme Maumaus:
- Critical Studies (analysis and discussion of texts)
- Maumaus Lecture Series (during the academic year personalities from different areas present and discuss their interests and practice)
- Project Development (group projects resulting in site-specific exhibitions)
- Group Criticism and Contemporary Art (presentation and discussion of the works and working methods of contemporary artists)
- Tutorial (a direct discussion between the student and another figure connected with contemporary art - artists, curators, theorists and art critics) as an essential resource to enable artists to develop their personal discourse
Avenida António Augusto de Aguiar, 148 - 3º C
1050-021 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel: + 351 21 352 11 55
The Greatest Emergency is the Absence of Emergency: Anarchic Hermeneutics, Emergency Aesthetics, and Philosophical Warnings
16,18, and 19.03.2021
4 pm - 7 pm
The seminar will take place online only.
Rua Tomás del Negro, 8A
1750-105 Lisboa, Portugal
Wednesday to Friday, 3pm to 7pm and by appointment. Saturday to Sunday, 10am to 1pm.
Tel: + 351 21 755 15 70 | 21 352 11 55
Ao descer a escada
Há um degrau p’ra me sentar.
Não há outro degrau
Não estou lá em baixo
Nem lá em cima estou.
Estou é na escada
Onde sempre estou.
Ao subir a escada
Não estou em cima, nem em baixo.
Não estou na creche,
Nem mesmo no sopé, acho.
Ideias estranhas começam a girar
Na minha cabeça
Fora do lugar!
09.11.2019 - 02.02.2020
25.01 | 17h00 Talk with Tonio Kröner, Simon
Thompson, Jürgen Bock
All the light that's ours to see
Extended until 6 December 2020
In line with revised recommendations from the authorities, we are postponing the exhibition, which was scheduled to open on 28 March. A new date will be communicated in due course.
In cooperation with Lumiar Cité:
Thu Thiêm: an archaeological
project for future remembrance
08.06. - 08.09.2019
Johann Jacobs Museum
Maumaus / Lumiar Cité
is funded by Ministério da Cultura / Direção-Geral das Artes. With the support of Câmara Municipal de Lisboa and Junta de Freguesia do Lumiar